Friday 14 November 2014

HOME REMEDIES FOR DIVERTICULAR DISEASE AND DIVERTICULITIS



Diverticular disease is a common digestive condition that occurs due to symptoms from diverticula.Diverticula are small, bulging pouches that form on the inner lining of the large intestine (colon).
The condition when these pouches form but cause no or few symptoms is called diverticulosis. However, when small pieces of stool (feces) get trapped inside the pouches, they become inflamed or infected and cause symptoms like lower abdominal pain and bloating.
When bacteria become trapped in the pouches and cause infection with severe pain then the condition is called diverticulitis. The pain is usually on the lower left side of the abdomen.

Other signs and symptoms are abdominal tenderness, nausea, gas or bloating, constipation or diarrhea, fever, chills, and loss of appetite. In rare cases, it can also cause rectal bleeding. It may cause complications like abscess, fistula, peritonitis, and intestinal obstruction in about 25 percent of people suffering from acute diverticulitis.
Diverticular Disease and Diverticulitis
The exact cause of the formation of diverticula or the small pouches is not known. However, medical experts believe that a low-fiber diet can be the reason. Without fiber to add bulk to the stool, the colon has to work much harder to push the stool forward. This can cause pouches to form in weak spots along the colon.
Plus, factors like smoking, obesity, lack of physical activity, low fiber diet, high fat intake, certain medications, and a history of constipation contribute to developing diverticular disease.
Severe or recurring diverticular disease and diverticulitis may require prescription medication or even surgery.  You can also try some simple home remedies and adopt some lifestyle changes to prevent and control this problem.
home remedies for diverticular disease and diverticulitis
Here are the top 10 home remedies for diverticular disease and diverticulitis.

1. Aloe Vera

Aloe vera is a very effective remedy for diverticular disease and diverticulitis. According to the World Health Organization, aloe vera contains laxative properties that help maintain normal intestinal flora, stimulate and promote bowel movement and removal of waste products. It also boosts the immune system and reduces inflammation and swelling.
Simply drink one-half cup of aloe vera juice three times a day for at least one month.

2. Slippery Elm

Due to its large mucilage content, slippery elm is another effective remedy for this problem. Being a demulcent, it protects irritated tissue, reduces inflammation and pain, and promotes healing.
  1. Mix one teaspoon of slippery elm bark powder in two cups of boiling water.
  2. Add one teaspoon of sugar and a little bit of cinnamon powder.
  3. You can drink one to two cups of this solution twice a day.

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow is a demulcent and emollient and so it is very useful in the treatment of diverticular disease and diverticulitis. It can soothe inflammation in the digestive tract and promote healthy bowel movements.
  • Add 5 grams of dried marshmallow root to one cup of boiling water. Steep for five minutes and then strain. Drink this herbal tea three times per day.
  • Another option is to add two tablespoons of dried marshmallow root to one quart of water. Let it sit overnight. The next morning, strain and drink the liquid several times a day.
Note: Avoid marshmallow if you have diabetes.

4. Licorice

Licorice has anti-inflammatory properties that help treat diverticulitis naturally. It can reduce spasms and inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. Plus, it aids in adding bulk and softening the stool.
  • Add one-half teaspoon of licorice root powder to a cup of water. Boil it for a few minutes and then strain it. Drink it 30 minutes before meals. Follow this remedy two or three times a day.
  • You can also take licorice tablets (380 to 1,140 mg per day), but only after consulting a doctor.
Note: Those who have high blood pressure, heart failure, kidney disease or hypokalemia should take licorice under a doctor’s supervision.

5. Probiotics

Probiotics are live microorganisms that are similar to beneficial microorganisms present in the human gut. Probiotics are generally “good bacteria” that help maintain the health of the intestines and aid in the digestion process.
  • Probiotics supplements like Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum and Saccharomyces boulardii can be taken daily between meals. The recommended dosage is 200 to 250 mg.
  • You can also eat probiotic-enhanced foods like cultured yogurt or milk and soy beverages.

6. Lemon

Lemon has antioxidant properties and helps adjust the body’s pH balance. Plus, lemon has high vitamin C that assists the digestive system in flushing unwanted materials and toxins out of the body. Lemon is also good for the immune system.
  1. Mix the juice of one lemon in a glass of warm water.
  2. Add a pinch of sea salt and a little honey to it and mix properly.
  3. Drink it on an empty stomach in the morning.

7. Flaxseed

flaxseeds
Flaxseed can also be used in the treatment of diverticular disease. The natural fiber present in flaxseedworks as a bulk-forming laxative. This means it helps soften the stool and makes it pass through the intestine easily. Plus, flaxseed is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids that help fight inflammation.
  • Mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseed in a glass of water. Drink it once before breakfast and again before going to bed.
  • Also add ground flaxseed to cereal, yogurt, fruit and other healthy foods. You can use 15 gram of ground flaxseed per day.

8. Chamomile

chamomile tea


Being carminative in nature, chamomile stimulates the digestive system and relaxes the stomach. This makes chamomile a good remedy for diverticular disease.
  1. Add two to three teaspoons of dried chamomile to a cup of hot water.
  2. Cover and steep for five minutes.
  3. Strain and mix in one teaspoon of honey.
  4. Drink up to three cups of chamomile tea daily.
Note: Chamomile is not recommended for those who are pregnant, taking birth control pills or blood-thinning medicines.



9. Garlic

garlic-fresh-opt
Garlic is a natural antibiotic and aids in digestion, hence it is considered a good remedy for diverticular disease and diverticulitis.
  • Remove the skin of one garlic clove and mince it thoroughly before ingesting it. Have this three times a day.
  • Alternatively, you can take two garlic capsules three times daily. Consult your doctor before taking garlic supplements.

10. Ginger

ginger tea

Ginger’s soothing effect on the intestine is the reason it is highly recommended for the treatment of  diverticular disease and diverticulitis. Ginger can help relieve intestinal gas, cramping and nausea associated with this problem. Plus, it can reduce the risk of diverticulitis by keeping the large intestine free from harmful microbes.
  • Cut a two-inch cube of ginger root into slices. Simmer the slices in one cup of water on low heat for 10 minutes and then strain it. Sip the liquid before your meal. Drink up to three cups of tea per day, one before each meal.
  • You can also take ginger capsules. Take at least 2,000 milligrams three times daily. Consult your doctor before taking herbal supplements.
Additional Tips
  • To relieve mild pain and cramps, apply a heating pad to your abdomen. You can also try relaxation techniques.
  • Exercise regularly for 30 minutes to promote normal bowel function and reduce pressure inside the colon.
  • Avoid drinking coffee as well as alcoholic beverages.
  • Try not to strain during bowel movements. Do not rush and allow sufficient time.
  • Cut back on red meats.
  • Drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
  • Avoid tobacco in any form.
  • Avoid extremely hot or cold foods and fluids.
  • Include more fiber-rich foods in your diet.
  • Take vitamin B-complex supplements for proper digestion.
  • Take an omega-3 fatty acid supplement, 1000 mg on or two times a day after consulting your doctor.

15 comments:

  1. Having herpes is not the end of life there are treatment to get rid of Genital herpes with traditional herbs from Dr Sakura.
    I was positive to this infection (HERPES) and i lost hope because i
    was out cast and rejected even by my closet friends.
    i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for HERPES and i got a
    testimony posted by Dr Sakura patient on how she was cured from HSV-2 so i decided to contact
    the same herbalist Dr SAKURA because i know that nature has the power
    to heal everything.
    i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry
    that he will help me with the natural herbs created by God Almighty!
    after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been prepare and
    he will send it to me via (FedEx Delivery service)and it got to me after 3 days!
    i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was
    cured!
    its really like a dream but i am so happy now!
    that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can
    be saved just like me!
    and if you need his help, you can email him on Drsakuraspellalter@gmail.com  follow him on Instagram @herbalist_sakura
    or whats-app +2348110114739
    I'm Lisa mark and you can get in touch with me via mail or whats-app lisamark723@gmail.com  +14378000562

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone!! I was diagnosed of Genital Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) in 2016 and I have tried all possible means to get cured, i even visited Some Hospital where they gave me some drugs like Famvir, Zovirax and Valtrex which are very expensive but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor moses from West Africa who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes Simplex Virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email he sent me a herbal medicine through UPS delivery service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured of this deadly disease within 14 days of usage, if you are suffering of this diseases you can as well Contact this great herbal doctor via his Gmail; doctormoses176@gmail.com or call or whatsapp Dr Moses on this +2347033475742 ? HIV/AIDS,DIABETES,CANCER,HEPATITIS ABC,DARIA,Chronic, Arthritis. God bless you sir.

      Delete
    2. Coping with any kinds of illnesses is not an easy mission especially if it comes to the herpes sickness.  I'm also here to express my joy and tell the world the actual truth which is; there is herbal cure for herpes infection, all my career I've lived my life believing this. Since four years ago and till today I still say yes! Dr Edidia (dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com) or whatsapp number +2349074505296 cures this infection using African traditional herbal medicines. After he cured me four years ago of herpes, ever since then I worked with him distance never a barrier, I'm a living witness to this. And I have directed both genital and HPV patients to him and they are permanently cured. there is a cure to all diseases including HSV, HIV, CANCERS, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, COPD, FIBROIDS using the right medications with the right herbalist Dr Edidia. Are you herpes positive and permanently want to get rid of this infection contact dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349074505296 for permanent herbal cure. Be bold and smart. Don't be fooled by selfish people who say there is no cure.

      Delete
    3. Coping with any kinds of illnesses is not an easy mission especially if it comes to the herpes sickness.  I'm also here to express my joy and tell the world the actual truth which is; there is herbal cure for herpes infection, all my career I've lived my life believing this. Since four years ago and till today I still say yes! Dr Edidia (dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com) or whatsapp number +2349074505296 cures this infection using African traditional herbal medicines. After he cured me four years ago of herpes, ever since then I worked with him distance never a barrier, I'm a living witness to this. And I have directed both genital and HPV patients to him and they are permanently cured. there is a cure to all diseases including HSV, HIV, CANCERS, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, COPD, FIBROIDS using the right medications with the right herbalist Dr Edidia. Are you herpes positive and permanently want to get rid of this infection contact dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349074505296 for permanent herbal cure. Be bold and smart. Don't be fooled by selfish people who say there is no cure.

      Delete
    4. Coping with any kinds of illnesses is not an easy mission especially if it comes to the herpes sickness.  I'm also here to express my joy and tell the world the actual truth which is; there is herbal cure for herpes infection, all my career I've lived my life believing this. Since four years ago and till today I still say yes! Dr Edidia (dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com) or whatsapp number +2349074505296 cures this infection using African traditional herbal medicines. After he cured me four years ago of herpes, ever since then I worked with him distance never a barrier, I'm a living witness to this. And I have directed both genital and HPV patients to him and they are permanently cured. there is a cure to all diseases including HSV, HIV, CANCERS, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, COPD, FIBROIDS using the right medications with the right herbalist Dr Edidia. Are you herpes positive and permanently want to get rid of this infection contact dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349074505296 for permanent herbal cure. Be bold and smart. Don't be fooled by selfish people who say there is no cure.

      Delete
  2. Good day. I'm Mrs Lynn and I want to quickly share something with you. As of January 2019, I was having issues with my health and I was forced to go to the hospital. Only to be diagnosed of cancer. And as if that wasn't bad enough, it was prostate cancer. I felt like my greatest fear has finally caught up with me. I lived life like I wasn't existing no more. I was depressed, frustrated and most a times I contemplated suicide. Then one day while going through the internet checking for ways to get cured because I was getting sick of the too many drugs I was taking I stumbled across a post about a doctor called DR.Ehiaguna. I quickly messaged him because I was really desperate. I got a reply from DR.Ehiaguna and he told me what to do. And I did exactly as I was told and under two week I noticed changes. I could do things I normally found to be difficult and today I am cancer free and I will be forever grateful to doctor DR.Ehiaguna because he saved my life. Are you a cancer patient? Do you want to live a cancer free life? Then leave doctor Ehiaguna a message drehiaguna@gmail.com also WhatsApp him +2348073908953 and you'll be glad you did And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless Dr Ebacol for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system,I searched out some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr Ebacol, how he cured HERPES,DIABETES,HIV,and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr Ebacol truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don’t you contact him through his EMAIL:    drebacolherbalhome1@gmail.com  call or whatsApp him on +2348159042641      

    ReplyDelete
  4. I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including #HERPES virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a #HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via DHL delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks to Dr OGODO Email this great herbal doctor via his email Ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com
    You can also WhatsApp him on +2349044680467
    HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA
    Only DR OGODO Can Help You I Love You Father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom ALS started out with a foot drop on her left foot. From there her left leg lost all muscle tone and all the entire left leg muscles were almost gone. Also her fingers and thumbs "contract" at times. Left arm is losing muscle tone too,she have been suffering from amyotrophic laterals sclerosis (ALS) disease for the last seven years and had constant pain which really get us worried, especially in her knees, the only treatment for this ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) is natural organic treatments honestly ,Multivitamin Herbal Care has the perfect herbal remedy to Motor Neuron Disease including,getting into bed was also another thing she finds impossible. We had to find a better solution for her condition which has really helped her a lot,The biggest help we had was multivitamincare .org today  (or SMS): +1 -956- 758-7882. They walked us through the proper steps, I highly recommend these herbs to anyone suffering from ALS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Olivia Wilson from the United state, I want to thank Herbalist Dr. Morata for helping me to cure my Genital herpes  using his natural herbal remedy .
    I have been facing  difficulties because of my herpes infection, I have used so many alternatives to get rid of it all in vain. I tried making a research online on natural remedies to cure herpes, I found so many testimonies from different people talking about Herbalist Morata remedy on how they were cured from their ailment . I made contact with him via mail herbalistmorata@gmail.com we have little conversation. I paid for the herbs and shipment, three days after I received the herbal medication from FedEx sent from Herbalist Dr.Morata I used it the way he instructed and now my Genital herpes  is gone .you can make contact with him as well on mail or WhatsApp herbalistmorata@gmail.com +2348160802189 https://herbalistmorataherbalhome.wordpress.com/ or mail me for more information oliviawilson673@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past one years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr momoh and she also gave the email address: dr.momoh9@gmail.com of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. momoh telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the doctor assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email:: dr.momoh9@mail.com or whatsApp his number on+2347083724098 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m here to testify about what Dr. Omola did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 3 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Mary on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr. Omola on how he cured her from 5 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr. Omola prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr. Omola assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr. Omola for help via dr.omolaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348118116254.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW ME AND MY FAMILY WAS TOTALLY CURED FROM COPD,CHRONIC PANCREATITIS,IDIOPHATIC PULMONARY FIBROSIS,

    I was diagnosed of COPD disease in January 2014,then my mom, diagnosis of IDIOPATHIC PULMONARY FIBROSIS(IPF) and my father was diagnosed of CHRONIC PANCREATITIS.. Me and my family were so frustrated till one day my father came across a forum where so many people were writing about Dr Ovie, a herbal Dr, who sell herbal medicines to cure all kinds of diseases, We contacted this herbal doctor via his email ovie.miraclemedicine1@gmail.com and bought herbal medicine from him. He sent it to me through courier service and I received it within 2days. i used it as instructed and i and my family was totally cured of those disease within 30days of usage, all thanks to Dr Ovie.is three months now we are living free and happy, please viewers this testimony is real …call or whats app Dr Ovie on +2349056393169

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello everyone!! I was diagnosed of Genital Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) in 2016 and I have tried all possible means to get cured, i even visited Some Hospital where they gave me some drugs like Famvir, Zovirax and Valtrex which are very expensive but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor moses from West Africa who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes Simplex Virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email he sent me a herbal medicine through UPS delivery service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured of this deadly disease within 14 days of usage, if you are suffering of this diseases you can as well Contact this great herbal doctor via his Gmail; doctormoses176@gmail.com or call or whatsapp Dr Moses on this +2347033475742 ? HIV/AIDS,DIABETES,CANCER,HEPATITIS ABC,DARIA,Chronic, Arthritis. God bless you sir.

    ReplyDelete